September 11, 2008
New Analog To Digital Converter From Paradox Marine Allows Internet Viewing
Of Onboard Yacht CCTV Surveillance Images
Fort Lauderdale, Florida (USA) –Boat security systems supplier Paradox Marine has introduced a analog to digital (A/D) converter to enable yacht owners and captains to view images captured by onboard CCTV surveillance cameras over the Internet.
The new A/D converter (inset in photo at left) connects to the Paradox GOST Watch yacht monitoring system, which enables monitoring of conditions on board from anywhere on a PC or mobile phone with Internet access.
“Many boats already have surveillance cameras on board, but the signal is analog so there’s no way to view the images remotely. Our new A/D converter solves this problem,” said Jay Keenan, Paradox Marine Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
GOST Watch, introduced at the Miami International Boat Show earlier this year, allows users to watch live video of their yacht, be alerted if temperature rises above a pre-set level, if water is detected in bilge or living areas, if motion is detected in a private area, or even if the yacht loses shore power.
The system is virtually plug n' play and easy to set up.
GOST Watch features:
• Cameras for live video monitoring from anywhere (cabin & deck available)
• Water sensors for bilge and living areas
• Temperature sensors for salon & engine room
• Motion & door sensors to secure your yacht when you're away
• Power controls for lighting, HVAC and appliances
• Sirens alert you when sensors are triggered
• Battery backup alerts you when shore power is lost
• Provides internet access for remote email
For more information about GOST Watch and other Paradox Marine boat security, monitoring and tracking products, visit www.paradoxmarine.com or call 1+(954) 565-9898.
Paradox Marine - 3403 NW 9th Avenue - Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
Product News release prepared by Home Port Marine Marketing.